North Scituate Elementary Home
Today is a Distance Learning Day for the entire district due to power outages and downed trees in many parts of Scituate.
To apply to be a substitute teacher, you must have RIDE certification OR a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university.
A message from the superintendent of Scituate Public Schools, thanking students, parents, and staff for their roles in responding to the power outage at the middle and high schools, and also talking about updates to distance learning options.
Hear updates from Superintendent Laurie Andries about the re-opening schools this fall, RIDE's walkthroughs, and more in this video message.
At a Glance
- 10:1 Student to teacher ratio
- 89% of teachers have 3+ years teaching experience
- 97% of students feel like there is an adult they can turn to with a problem
- 89% of students say that their teachers are respectful towards them
- 80% of students say their teachers encourage them to try their best
- 82% of students say their teachers make them keep trying even when they want to give up
- 78% of students said they'd be excited to have their teacher again
- 82% of students feel the rules are fair
- 85% of students say it is important they do well in school
- 4.1% of students are chronically absent